Live Music Facts
- The majority of Canadians say hearing music and seeing live music in a restaurant makes them more likely to enjoy their food and drink (78% and 75%) as well as stay in a restaurant longer (70% and 75%).
- Over Half of Canadian Music Spending on Live
- Live music companies in Ontario generated $628 million in revenue from live music activities in 2013 as well as profits of $144 million.
- In 2013, 558 festivals across Ontario sold a total of 15.7 million tickets, representing 7 million unique visitors.
- The total economic impact of live music in Ontario’s economy is $1.2 billion.
- The economic impact of live music companies includes 10,500 full-time equivalent jobs, and tourism activity accounts for an additional 9,520.
- CAPACOA - Arts and Belonging