Creative BC announces Advisory Committee to support BC Music Fund
Creative BC has appointed an Advisory Committee for the newly created BC Music Fund. This new fund, announced back in February, was created to help Creative BC foster economic development of the music industry. It aims to do so through direct investment opportunities, job creation, increased live music opportunities, and international promotion of BC’s music.
The Committee is comprised of representatives from various areas of the music industry, and will act as an advisory body by providing input to Creative BC regarding the administration of the Fund.
Advisory Committee members include:
- Alex Cuba, Artist
- Amy Terrill, Music Canada
- Asha Bhat, Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training
- Bruce Allen, Bruce Allen Talent
- Bryan Adams, Artist
- Catherine Runnals, Brand Live
- Nick Blasko, Amelia Artists Inc., Atomique Productions Ltd.
- Patrick Aldous, Music BC
- Prem Gill, Creative BC (Chair)
- Sarah Fenton, Watchdog Management
For more information on the BC Music Fund, and new Advisory Committee, click here.