Toronto Music Advisory Council releases Music Strategy and survey
The Toronto Music Advisory Council (TMAC), in collaboration with the City of Toronto, has released a draft of a Toronto Music Strategy for public consultation. When complete, the strategy will help guide the growth and development of Toronto’s music sector going forward.
The Toronto Music Strategy identifies six major strategic areas for focus in Toronto. These are to:
- Support an environment friendly to music creators;
- Encourage the business of music in Toronto;
- Support music education;
- Promote Toronto’s music sector locally and internationally;
- Foster alliances with other music cities around the world; and,
- Implement a process for monitoring progress and measuring success.
The proposed strategy touches on key issues for the music community, including affordable housing and rehearsal space, by-laws and regulations, music education, music tourism, and city branding.
The Music Advisory Council and the City of Toronto have also created an online survey and are seeking input from the music sector and broader community which will help shape the final strategy. The deadline for the survey is December 31, 2015.
Post Courtesy of Music Canada